precautions to guard against infection
- Get a flu shot
- Keep your hands clean by washing with soap and water
for at least 20 seconds or using a hand sanitizer with at least 60%
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid people who are sick
- Stay home and away from others when sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissues or your
arm/sleeve. Dispose of tissues in the trash.
- Keep surfaces clean using disinfecting wipes
If you have symptoms of fever,
cough, and shortness of breath, please call your local VA medical center and
select the option to speak to a nurse before visiting the facility. Tell them
about your symptoms and any recent travel.